It's been a while since I made any sort of gluten-free recipe. That's why I decided to re-do this delicious gluten-free carrot cake cookie recipe of mine for you to try! It's both dairy free and gluten-free which means a lot of people can enjoy it. This is a recipe I found from Healthfulpursuit.com which you can find Here! I decided to adjust the recipe a bit while also adding my own dairy free icing to make it taste a lot better. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as me!
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut (see link)
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- ½ cup almond flour (see link)
- ½ cup honey or agave nectar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup raisins (optional)
- 1 vegan icing recipe or icing of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spray with cooking spray.
- Shred carrots in food processor or blender. Place carrot shreds in a paper towel and wrap/squeeze to get all excess liquid out.
- Add all ingredients besides icing in a large bowl. Mix with spoon until well combined.
- Using a 1/4 - 1/2 cup, scoop cookie dough onto prepared baking sheet. Shape into cookies on the pan. The dough will be a bit loose, but it will hold together once baked. Repeat.
- Take baking sheet to preheated oven and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden on the bottom.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely. Once cooled, cover each cookie with icing and eat then or put in the fridge for later. Enjoy!