I try and eat naturally gluten-free as much as I can. But when you're a teen with a lot of things going on in your life, you get pretty busy and sometimes feel like you don't have the time to make foods from scratch. Luckily I've found 1 gluten-free recipe that is pretty easy to make plus it makes a lot of meals to last throughout the week. Some people may be a little skeptical of spaghetti squash if you haven't tried it before, but it is actually very good and healthy for you too! Rice can be a substitute if you would prefer, but give this recipe a try and use it as your meals multiple times throughout the week.
- 1 spaghetti squash - baked
- 1 lb grilled chicken - cubed
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1 bag of broccoli slaw
- 2 cups of Helman’s Olive Oil Mayonnaise (or Veganaise)
- Juice from one lemon
- 1 T Zest from lemon
- 2 T Orange Juice
- 1 T minced garlic
How to Prepare Spaghetti Squash
- Preheat oven to 375
- Place whole spaghetti squash on cookie sheet
- Bake whole spaghetti squash for 45 minutes
- Remove from oven and cut in half, place each half facing down
- Bake for another 30 minutes
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Take large spoon and scrape out squash from skin. Squash strands are horizontal. Scooping squash directly at the skin will ensure long spaghetti like strands.
Citrus Aioil Directions
- Place all ingredients in blender, nutribullet or bowl for hand blender
- Blend thoroughly
- Refrigerate any leftovers
Note: Rice can be substituted in place of the spaghetti squash if you would prefer.