I've always been a fan of easy gluten-free recipes and honestly, this is as easy as they come. You've probably seen lots of gluten-free cookie in a mug recipes, but I decided to make mine a little different! I didn't change the recipe too much besides adding a nut butter which actually made a huge difference! It added a lot more flavor for me and made it taste much better in my opinion too. Here's my version of a Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie in a Mug that only needs a microwave to bake! Oh, and it helps if you have a cool looking mug too. :)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (or 1 tbsp melted butter)
- 6 tbsp GF flour (I use Gluten Free Mama)
- 2 tbsp nut butter
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 egg yolk
- 2-4 tbsp chocolate chips
- Place all ingredients (besides chocolate chips) in a mug. Mix well until a wet cookie dough like texture forms. If it seems to dry, try adding a little water or milk.
- Add chocolate chips then mix until well combined.
- Place mug in microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds, or until top looks well baked.
- Let cool for a few minutes then grab a fork and enjoy!