Since going gluten-free I've had a hard time finding easy recipes for some of my favorite foods as a kid. Going gluten-free is hard enough...but having to go dairy free on top of that is even harder. I know there are tons of great pre-made gluten-free macaroni and cheese brands out there but I have yet to find one that is dairy free. That's why my mom and I decided to make our own! This recipe is both gluten-free and dairy free plus it's one of the easiest recipes you can make. Be careful because you'll probably become addicted like me!
- 1 box gluten-free pasta (I recommend Deboles)
- 1/2 bag Daiya Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 bag Daiya Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp. garlic
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- Follow the step by step directions to prepare the pasta as directed on box.
- Strain all water from pasta. Place the pasta back in the pot then place on stove on low heat.
- Add milk, cheese, garlic, and pepper. Stir gently until fully melted.
- Serve and enjoy!
What's one comfort food you miss since going gluten-free? Comment below!