Coconut oil contains lauric acid which our body turns into monolaurin which is known to help the body deal with viruses and bacteria that cause diseases. Check out the many more health benefits of coconut oil below!
- Is one of the best natural nutrients for your hair by promoting healthy growth and shine while reducing protein loss.
- Excellent moisturizer for the skin and can help with treating psoriasis, dermatitis, eczema and other skin infections
- Helps Improve weight loss by helping maintain a healthy functioning thyroid and endocrine system
- Aids digestion and helps prevent stomach and digestion related problems including Irritable Bowel Syndrome as well as deal with bacteria, fungi and parasites that can cause digestion.
- Has been proven to prevent and even cure candida
- Heals infections such as influenza, measles, mumps, hepatitis, SARS, ulcers, throat infections, urinary tract infections, pneumonia, athletes foot, thrush, diaper rash and pink eye.
- Strengthens the immune system with it’s higher levels of lauric acid
- Great for the heart since it contains about 50% lauric acid which helps prevent heart problems like high cholesterol and blood pressure.
Coconut Oil Sugar Scrub Recipe – Great for summertime to keep your skin moisturized after being out in the sun and to remove sunscreen
- ¼ cup of coconut oil
- ½ cup of granulated white sugar
- 1 T of lime juice
- Zest of 1 lime (grated)
- Mix in small dish coconut oil, granulated sugar, lime juice and zest of lime
- Store in sealed container and use on skin when desired. It stores for up to one month!