These type of cookies used to always be my favorite when I wasn't gluten-free. I remember my mom used to make oatmeal raisin cookies all the time and they would barely even last a day! Although I have grown out of my cookie devouring stage as a kid, I definitely still do enjoy a gluten-free cookie every once in a while. This recipe is one that was brought to me by Amy on Facebook and is one that is very easy to make. The ingredients make it low sugar which was great for me. If you are sensitive to oats then I definitely wouldn't recommend this recipe but otherwise, enjoy!
- 3/4 cup coconut palm shortening
- 1 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1/2 cup refined sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground cloves
- 1 cups gluten-free all purpose flour (see link)
- 3 cups gluten-free oats (see link)
- 1 cups raisins or chocolate chips (optional but obviously recommended)
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Mix shortening, sugar, egg, vanilla and water till smooth. Add in the rest and mix in one ingredient at a time.
- Place small spoonfuls onto parchment lined or greased cookie sheets. Bake for about 12 minutes. (Check at 10 minutes.)
- Cool on sheet before moving so they get firm. Enjoy!