This is recipe #3 of the 14 Days of Gluten-Free Thanksgiving!
- 2 tablespoons butter (Earths Balance is dairy free)
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 cup mushrooms
- 1 cup sour cream (Tofutti is dairy free)
- 3 (14.5 ounce) cans French style green beans, drained
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (Daiya cheese is dairy free)
- 1/2 cup crumbled gluten free rice flakes (I use Natures Path...see link)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted (Earths Balance is dairy free)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth, and cook for one minute. Stir in the salt, sugar, onion, and sour cream. Add green beans and mushrooms, stir to coat.
- Transfer the mixture to a 2 1/2 quart casserole dish. Spread shredded cheese over the top. In a small bowl, toss together rice flakes and remaining butter, and sprinkle over the cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the top is golden and cheese is bubbly. Serve and enjoy!
The 2nd recipe of the 14 Days of Gluten-Free Thanksgiving below!