Gluten-free dessert recipes for Thanksgiving is something that can be pretty hard to make. There are many things you can choose from but they may not be like the gluten-filled desserts many others have on Thanksgiving. This gluten-free apple spice cake is perfect for Thanksgiving and any time you want some type of special dessert. It doesn't need ingredients that are too complicated and the directions are very easy as well. Bisquick is used for this recipe and provides great texture so I really recommend it. Hope you enjoy this Gluten-Free Thanksgiving Recipe!
This is recipe #2 of the 14 Days of Gluten-Free Thanksgiving!
- 2 cups gluten free all purpose flour (see link)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened (Earth Balance is dairy free)
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon warm water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 apples - peeled, cored and chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 10 inch tube pan or 11x9 pan. Cover raisins with warm water, let soak for 10 minutes and then drain. Whisk together gluten free bisquick, spices, and salt. Set aside.
- Cream together butter and sugar. Mix in eggs and vanilla. Stir together soda and 1 tablespoon warm water, and mix into the sugar mixture. Stir in gluten free bisquick mixture, apples, and strained raisins until well blended. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour, or until a tester comes out clean. Cool in pan. Once cool, shake pan to loosen cake. Turn onto plate, and dust with confectioners' sugar.
The 1st recipe of the 14 Days of Gluten-Free Thanksgiving below!