I have never really been a fan of cranberry dip in the past, but that was until I tried this recipe. This dip is sweet and very simple to make. You don't need many ingredients to make this and best of all it doesn't take much time to make either. It can be a great appetizer if you are looking to server a couple dips before the main meal. It's something that goes great with fruit and possible crackers as well! It's both gluten and dairy free and is something that should be simple to make if you are looking for an easy recipe this Thanksgiving.
This is recipe #11 of the 14 Days of Gluten-Free Thanksgiving!
- 1 (12 ounce) package fresh cranberries
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup apricot jam
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (tofutti is dairy free)
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine cranberries with sugar in a 2 quart baking dish with a lid, stirring well to coat all the berries. Bake in the preheated oven, covered, for about 30 minutes, until the cranberries pop and release their liquid.
- Remove from oven and stir in the apricot jam and pecans. Refrigerate overnight to blend the flavors. To serve, allow the cream cheese to come to room temperature, and pour dip over the block of cream cheese on a serving dish. Serve with your favorite gluten free crackers.
The 10th recipe of the 14 Days of Gluten-Free Thanksgiving Below!