Last week I came up with an extremely easy and rediculously good tasting gluten-free ice-cream sandwich! I'll admit I was pretty impressed with myself with how they turned out but I was very surprised how easy they were too. They can be made both dairy and peanut free too with the right ingredients. Just use Sunbutter or dairy free ice-cream as a substitute and that's 2 more allergies you don't have to worry about. These are very good and easy to make for a dessert. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did! I ate them all really quickly..
- 1 egg
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter (Sunbutter may work for peanut free)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Vanilla ice cream of your choice (So Delicious Vanilla Bean for dairy free)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper and set aside.
- Using electric mixer, blend all ingredients together (except ice-cream) until fully combined.
- Use a cookie scoop or your hand, make about 1 inch sized balls and place them on the baking sheet. Press the top of each cookie with a fork criss crossed until flat. You can sprinkle tops of unbaked cookies with extra sugar if desired!
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Let cookies cool on the baking pan for at least 5-10 minutes. Remove to a rack and cool completely.
- Lastly, take a big scoop of vanilla bean ice-cream and put between 2 cookies. Place in the freezer as soon as possible to store for later or eat right away. Enjoy!