When I was younger and could eat gluten, Rice Crispies were always one of my favorite treats. I know they weren't the healthiest things in the world but I did know they tasted amazing! Even now it's something I still crave but with the added gluten and sugar, I sadly could never have it. That was until Shirley Plant gave me this awesome gluten-free recipe to make these Rice Crispies. They are also dairy and sugar free so that makes it pretty healthy too! I'm very happy to be able to share this gluten-free recipe with you from Shirley Plant and I hope it's something you can enjoy! I plan on making these often since it's such an easy recipe to make that can finally fulfill my rice crispy cravings too.
- 2 cups brown rice puffed cereal (if you don't have puffed rice, try puffed quinoa, puffed amaranth or puffed buckwheat)
- 2/3 cup brown rice syrup
- 2/3 cup crunchy just peanuts peanut butter (not added sugar or salt)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries or dried cherries
Brown rice puffed cereal is the healthier, gluten free option to Rice Krispies, as it has no added sugar or additives. You can purchase it at your local health food store.
- Place brown rice syrup and peanut butter in a saucepan and heat; do not boil. Place all other ingredients into a bowl.
- Pour hot rice syrup over the ingredients and mix in.
- Line and 8x8 inch square pan with waxed or parchment paper.
- Place mixture in pan and with wet hands or a spatula pat down and flatten.
- Put in fridge to harden for 30 minutes before eating. Slice into squares and enjoy!
Thanks to Shirley Plant for this awesome Healthy Gluten-Free Rice Crispy Recipe! Make sure to check out her awesome website too!