- Modified food starch can contain wheat without being labeled so!
- It is only guaranteed safe if found in a gluten-free product!
- Processed meats do not have to say where the modified food starch is derived from which could be from wheat!
- In most cases modified food starch is gluten-free but not in all.
- I would be safe and avoid this ingredient as much as possible due to misleading labeling issues.
Comment an ingredient below that you would like me to do a video on for next Wednesday to learn more about it!