Yep...it's another healthy dessert recipe! And this time it's one of my favorites....cheesecake! I've had a lot of good strawberry cheesecakes in my 15 years but this one I can say was the best. I got this recipe over a year ago and every since then I have not found one better. I make it probably every year for Christmas so I would really recommend it if you need a Christmas dessert. It's gluten-free and pretty much free of all the main allergens so it should work for everyone. Oh yea, and it doesn't need an oven! This recipe is gluten-free, dairy free, egg free, and vegan. Just to let you know it will need to be frozen for 2 hours or over night, so be prepared to have to wait. Hope you enjoy the recipe as much as I did!
- 1 1/2 cups almonds
- 2/3 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 2-3 tablespoons of filtered water
Important for recipe: A food processor or blender is needed to make the crust. Soak the cashews in warm water for about 15 minutes before using them in the recipe.
- 3 cups cashews
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- lemon zest of 1 lemon
- 2/3 cup honey or other liquid sweetener
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream (So Delicious Ice Cream is dairy free)
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil, cooled
- 1 pint of organic strawberries (Also save some strawberries for decorating)
- To make the crust, blend the almonds until a fine texture forms, add the raisins and shredded coconut. Process well, add 1 tbsp of filtered water at a time, process more and check texture until it sticks together. Take the sticky crust mixture and press evenly into the bottom of a 9 inch round pan.
- To make the filling, drain the soaked cashews well, process in the food processor until they are a fine grind, add the lemon juice, lemon zest, agave and process until well blended. Add the coconut oil and process again. Add the strawberries, process again. Now add the ice cream and process to combine everything well.
- Finally, take the mixture and layer over top of the crust in the pan. Leave in the freezer for at least 2 hours or overnight to set. Before serving, add fresh strawberries and leave out to defrost for about 10 minutes. Serve and Enjoy!