Lately I've been trying to create a lot more paleo and gluten-free meals that are filling and long lasting. You might be the type of person that likes a big juicy burger or you might not be. As much as I'd love to have a big burger like that, I'd much rather have a couple of these smaller burgers to control how much I should really eat. Don't worry, they still taste just as good as any other burger!
In case you don't know, turkey burgers are actually a lot healthier and leaner then the burgers made with beef. A lot of people that haven't made turkey burgers probably think that their is a difference in taste but really there isn't. With the smaller size burgers and the leaner cut meat, this can be perfect for an after workout meal or for when you just need something quick to eat.
- 2 pounds of ground turkey meat
- 2 Tbs. minced garlic
- 2 Tbs. Italian herb blend
Broil for 10-15 minutes on high
Place pan on 2nd rack to the top
- Take a large pan and line with foil, set aside for later. (You may need 2 pans if 1 isn't big enough)
- In a medium bowl mix all the ingredients together until combined well.
- Take the raw meat with your hands and create 2-3 inch balls. Place them in the pan and flatten until about 1 inch high. (Don't worry about the burgers touching, they don't spread)
- Put on the 2nd highest rack and Broil on high for 10-15 minutes depending on how you like your burgers. Take out and enjoy!