Now obviously I was very excited with the results because I mean..come on....look at it! I thought I just created my very first Paleo recipe from scratch, and it tasted amazing! Little did I know while doing some more research on the Paleo Diet that oats actually aren't aloud.....what a let down.
Either way, I had to post the recipe for all you people out there that are just gluten-free because it still tasted amazing. It's pretty simple to make but not all the ingredients may be what you have just sitting around in your pantry. They also taste really great frozen then warmed up for 40 seconds whenever you want them for a quick snack. So bottom line, enjoy this great Gluten Free Apple Strudel Muffin Recipe! It's also dairy and refined sugar free too. If only I could make it Paleo...
- 5 cups gluten free rolled oats (I used Bob's Red Mill)
- 1 large or 2 small apples (Cut into very small chunks)
- 8 packets truvia or stevia (5 Tbsp. agave nectar or honey can substitute)
- 2 Tsp. cinnamon
- 1 Tsp. salt
- 2 1/2 cups unsweetened natural applesauce
- 1/4 cup + 1 Tbsp. coconut oil (Any other cooking oil may work as well..again not sure)
- 2 1/2 Tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups water
- Agave nectar drizzled (Honey can substitute)
- 1-2 extra packets of truvia or stevia for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 375 F, and line about 20 cupcake tins.
- Save the apples for last! In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients and stir well. In a separate bowl, combine all wet ingredients. Now, mix the wet and dry mixtures together and stir well. Add in chopped up apples and stir. Finally pour into the cupcake liners and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- If you want the top to be a little crunchy, broil at the end for 1-2 minutes. Let the muffins cool for 10-15 minutes on a cooling rack. Drizzle on the agave nectar and add the sugar to sweeten to taste. These muffins can also be frozen and reheated for breakfast or a snack whenever you want them. Enjoy!