Since I'm beginning to start my Paleo diet, I've been very curious with a lot of new recipes and foods I want to try. This flour-less gluten and dairy free pizza happened to be one I remember seeing a while back and happened to have all the ingredients for on a Friday night. It is very simple to make and also something I find really interesting too on how it works. See for yourself!
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened (Toffuti Cream Cheese is dairy free)
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded (Daiya cheese is dairy free)
- Pizza seasoning to taste (Ground pepper and Powdered Garlic)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease 9 x 13 glass baking dish and line with parchment paper. (metal does not work well; crust will stick)
- For your toppings I recommend baking them in the oven before hand for about 10 mins so that the grease/oil does not build up on the crust and get very moist.
- For crust, in medium bowl, whisk cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Whisk in eggs until mixture is well-blended and smooth. Add the seasonings. Stir in mozzarella until completely moistened. Spread mixture evenly over parchment paper.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes, or until evenly browned, but not too dark. Let cool for a few minutes on a wire rack. When slightly cool, lift the crust using the parchment paper and place all in the freezer for about 30 minutes until completely cooled. The goal is for the crust to dry out enough that it will be crispy/chewy and you can pick up with your hands.
- Once cooled, remove parchment paper and place crust back in same pan which should be greased from before. Spread crust with pizza sauce, then cheese (do not add much because the entire crust is already made of cheese..), then add toppings of your choice.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 15 – 20 minutes or until toppings are bubbly and look right. Let stand a few minutes before cutting. Makes about 8 servings and can be frozen for later eating.
For Different Gluten-free Pizza Ideas, Click Here!