This is recipe #12 of the 14 Days of Gluten-Free Thanksgiving!
- 1 cup of uncooked quinoa or brown rice
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
- 4 ears corn or 2 cups of frozen corn
- 1/4 cups + 1 tbs. vegetable oil, divided
- 1 cup chopped green onions, divided
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup of sun dried tomatoes
- 1 cup of cooked black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 lime juices
- Place quinoa in fine-mesh strainer; rinse well under cold running water. Transfer to medium saucepan; add 2 cups water and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15 to 18 minutes or until water is absorbed and quinoa is tender. Transfer quinoa to large bowl.
- Meanwhile, remove husks and silk from corn; cut kernels off cobs. Heat 1/4 cup oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add corn; cook 10 to 12 minutes or until tender and light brown, stirring occasionally. Stir in 2/3 cup green onions and coarse salt; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add corn to quinoa. Gently stir in tomatoes and black beans.
- Squeeze lime juice over quinoa mixture, toss lightly to coat. Sprinkle with remaining 1/3 cup of green onions. Serve warm or chilled.
The 11th recipe of the 14 Days of Gluten-Free Thanksgiving Below!