One thing you probably don't know about me is that I'm from Columbus, Ohio. If you know anything about the city of Columbus then you will know that they are huge Ohio State fans! Every college football Saturday is basically like a Holiday for us because everyone in the city gathers around to watch the game. Buckeyes are a huge favorite of mine and many people from Ohio, especially on game day. That's why this recipe is one of my favorites since it is basically buckeyes turned into bars! This recipe can be made gluten-free, dairy free, and peanut free with the right ingredients listed. It's not the healthiest recipe but it's definitely one of my favorites for dessert!
- 1/2 cup butter (Earth Balance Natural Butter for Dairy free)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups natural peanut butter (Almond Butter for peanut free)
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips for Dairy Free)
- Melt butter or margarine over low heat.
- Add sugars, peanut butter and vanilla to the butter. Mix well.
- Press into a 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave safe dish and spread over the top of peanut butter mixture. Let cool in fridge. Serve!